Thursday, September 25, 2008

梅菜扣肉

Guess what…. I just cooked 梅菜扣肉for my first time in my life. Saw a posting in Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0UYUjChdJ0 and was so eager to try it myself. It got wrong the very first time when I bought my belly meat. I forgot to tell the uncle porkie that I wanted the pork belly to be square type so that I can cut into rectangular shape later on. End up, he gave me two long long pieces of pork belly. But then again, I said to myself…. 没关系啦。。。 Just Do It ~ (Like NIKE lor) .

OK… then the cutting of garlic, chopping of ginger, washing of the pork belly and almost all the start up work was done… not by me… my maid.
OK... secondly, my turn to do MY performance…. The FRYing of pork belly.
Heat up the oil, put slice by slice of pork into the hot oil… PIAK PIAK PIAK POM POM POM….. all the oil Pilipiakpiak…. So frightening leh….
Then the other 4 pieces also end up my maid kau tim for me… I just stood far away holding the pan cover to cover myself.

After all the work… steaming of the 梅菜扣肉 takes 40mins. One small dish also takes me cooking & preparing from 5pm until…. 8.30pm *finish steaming time*.
Lastly… I overturn my *end product*… Tadaaa… It looks exactly like what we always see in the big big high class restaurant serving 梅菜扣肉. With thick sauce on it… nice coloured pork and nicely shopped 梅菜. (Too bad I din have my camera with me.. otherwise you’ll see my fantastic梅菜扣肉). Then, I shouted to everyone in the house to look at my end product. Everyone was like… “Wah… 很像。。很香”. Then comes the chopstick… first the meat… my sisters still can accept it… then comes the 梅菜. Everyone’s face is like… “ Oooo… this can eat arr???”. They are complaining it’s TOOOOOO salty. Alamak… really la… duno why end up SOOOOOOO salty. Can swallow first spoon, cannot swallow second already!
My mum said hor… if want people to finish up this dish hor.. need to cook many many bowl of rice lor!
My very first attempt failed… not completely, at least my sister said the pork is delicious, and she used the word *only the pork*.

Now I am so oily, sweaty and…. dirty all over. But still not my turn to wash up yet. That’s why I am sitting here typing my blog.

The next梅菜扣肉 attempt will soon show you good results! I assure you guys that photos will be shown too.

No comments: