Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Land Title Changes Name By Itself

Before I left Sabah, while I was preparing some documents for my boss, I photocopied a copy of one of my boss’s land [cukai tanah]. I found that the cukai tanah I photocopied was not my boss name. I enquire our accounts department and after several checkings, the cukai tanah which was all the while written my boss’s name for like 5 consecutive years and until recently (year 2008) was unknowingly changed to a Malay person’s name Cik Umi Kalsom. (For your info, the cukai tanah was not my boss name, and yet the account department pays the sum of amount to MPK! See how our account department do their responsibility!!!)

After that, our account department knew the mistake, quickly she brought this matter to the Pejabat Tanah to enquire the mistake. The Pejabat Tanah officer told her that it was not wrongly printed. As stated in their system, the land was sold to Encik Umi at the year 2007.

As per our knowledge, my boss did not sell or do anything with the land up till today. The land will be the last thing my boss would sell. I knew this because I heard him say many times before. He always says it’s very very difficult to get land near main road. This is the only land that is in front of the main road. He always says that no matter what happens, he must protect this land and it’s for future usage. Currently the land area is rented to a shop selling tiles and mosaic.

The account staff bought this matter to my lady boss. Furious and worried, my lady boss got her friends from those Jabatan’s to check and locate for the land’s ownership. She printed out the Carian Rasmi and found it’s true that the land belongs to Cik Umi since September 2007.

For nothing suddenly the land is someone else’s. She referred this matter to her police friend, and told that they did not receive a single amount for this transaction and there is no proof of selling the land to anyone as the [original geran] is still in hand with my boss. Moreover, the Sales and Purchase agreement does not exist at all. Another thing is, my boss did not sign any agreement to sell the land.

Got a copy of the Borang 14A, which stated how the land was sold to Cik Umi.

The letter shows that Cik Umi bought the land from a Malay Lawyer for RM750,000 and Cik Umi bought the land by taking loan from CIMB Bank. The lawyer associates (which as per the Borang 14A) was authorized to act on behalf of my boss to sell the land to Cik Umi, secured by the CIMB.

So problem now.
1. My boss has no intention to sell the land at all.
2. My boss did not know whom the malay lawyer which as stated in Borang 14A was given the Surat Kuasa to act on his behalf.
3. The RM750,000 was not deposited into my boss account.
4. My boss did not intend or did not even knew this Cik Umi, how could he sell the land to her.
5. CIMB borrowed the money to someone whom… don’t know got really buy the land or not.
6. The funny thing is cukai tanah even printed the Cik Umi’s name and confirmed that she was the owner of the land.
7. The original Geran is still currently with my boss written he legally still owns the land.
8. If the Bank is to borrow money to Cik Umi, she should have a geran in order to get the loan approved. Where on earth does the *other* geran popped out?
9. If there is *another geran* popped out, then the Original geran which my boss is holding currently is a rough paper?
10. Will my boss get back his land title?

So now how? After several advice from lawyers, Pejabat Tanah officers, police and friends, my boss finally wants to lodge the police of this fraud case. Some says that luckily we found the cukai tanah written other person’s name quickly. If this matter was not known for like 5 years, definitely there will be no more argument as the land will automatically be Cik Umi’s.

Well… I don’t know if it’s lucky or unlucky…. But I know that my boss doesn’t pay much attention to business now as he only thinks of his *gone* land.

Such bad things happen. I wrote in my blog so that people know what’s going on in Malaysia.

People out there with land or property. Don’t think that by keeping the Geran in your safe box means that the property is forever yours. It can suddenly without your notice become someone else’s and you will be the last to know. Do check your property every now and then to keep track of your own property. There are many unsolved cases like this which we always see in the newspaper. And now happen to people around us. It’s very sad to hear these matter happening to people around you. Don’t waste time anymore, if you have read my blog until this sentence, get up and check your own property, even your parents or anyone beside you. Do remind them to keep an eye on their own stuff. Fraud cases are always happening without noticing you. Let’s pray that everything turn out smoothly.

1 comment:

Evon Y❷K said...

this is wat Malaysian would do..all crapz...argh..