Friday, October 08, 2010

Sticky Affair at One U

1st August 2010


While walking around 1 Utama shopping mall, we spotted a large crowd at the entrance of one of the shops there. It turns out that everyone was packed there to look at how candies are hand made. Due to the enormous number of people, I couldn’t take any snapshots of the candy making process. However, I managed to squeeze my way into the shop to look at the finished products. Was fascinated by these people on how they hand made those candies. WF was so excited as she kept telling us that it’s from Australia and she didn’t know it came to Malaysia already. She happily bought few bottles of different flavors.


Sticky is apparently a very popular hand made candy brand in Australia. So what makes this candy so special? Each of these rock candy come with their own colourful design and even words inside them.


To my surprise, Hau bought me a jar of the little Sticky sweet. He gave them to me at WF’s house. I knew he bought something, but didn’t know it’s for me. Seeing him actually does like the sweets very much, I silently inserted the jar of sweet back into his luggage bag.


In the shopping mall, WF opened her jar and shared some with us. Although I am not a candy person, I actually liked them & won’t mind a bottle as the sweets tasted refreshing and yummy. They were a ‘lil sourish but not too sweet.


Hau was so surprise to find the jar of sweet in his luggage bag the next day. According to him, the sweets were left inside his car for one day under the sun. The sweets melted and got stuck together. He even used a knife to cut them one by one back into pieces again. He presant me the jar again. The sweet doesn’t look beautiful anymore; because it’s badly stick together. But still, a gift from him makes me sweet in my heart. Wanted to tell him badly how sweet he was….. But those words never seem to come out from my mouth. The only words he heard was “Thank you”.





If you are looking for a nice Christmas present, do drop by this colourful shop for some sweet delights. It’ll certainly surprise your loved ones.


Sticky Malaysia
LG 213 Lower Ground Floor,
1 Utama Shopping Centre,
1,Lebuh Bandar Utama ,
Bandar Utama , 47800 Petaling Jaya
Tel :603-77277688
Fax : 603-77257688

No comments: