Monday, August 17, 2009

Mini Assignment Mission Accomplished!

Today woke up whole body ache. Yesterday sat in front of the PC for such a long time. Finally, my mini assignment is done.

Title for our mini assignment is about “Plagiarism and the Importance of Acknowledging your Resources”.

When I first submitted my mini assignment into the Revision draft area, I was so shocked to see that there was a 15% similarity of my assignment with other people’s work.

I have been very careful not to copy and paste from other people’s work. I’ve paraphrased all the sentences… and yet I get a 15% results. After checking my course module handbook, it is stated that the maximum similarity percentage is 15%.

Those plagiarism detection software very scary lor. Those notes I got from where also they know wor! I copied a few wording… 5-6 words in a line also they list out. Somemore got list out which website or book you source from wor…. Wahh… real scary lor.

Quickly amended it yesterday into my own words. Resubmitted my draft and still waiting for the results until now. Don’t know why this time so slow…. It kept coming out a sentence saying *Due to the high volume of papers currently being submitted to TurnitinUK we are experiencing longer turnaround times for Originality Reports. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. ….bla…bla…bla*.

Now finished this mini assignment liow… next I’m gonna concentrate on my course assignment. Two module’s questions were out in the first week of August. Have to start doing research for my assignment liow. Another one more assignment still haven’t got the question yet.

It’s a pain in the neck to do research while keeping track of the referencing. Really troublesome lor… sometimes forget ar… then have to go and REresearch back again. Haih~ so ma fan.

No comments: