Monday, June 29, 2009

An Unexpected Surprise

Last Saturday, WF asked me to yumcha with her colleagues at BBT Station 1. I have always heard WF talked about her colleagues and would love to meet them someday. According to WF, Jerry and Puah will be going there. Later at around 5pm, WF smsed me “Tonight don’t forget ya. Remember wear nice nice lor!”.

What she mean by wear nice nice ar? I think WF duno again invite who else to go lor! Does she wanna be my 媒婆again? Therefore I ignored her sms.

About time, reached there at sharp 9pm. WF and Jerry sat at the far corner of the café. One look you know that table can fit about 8 pax lor. So I thought must be a big group of colleagues gua. WF scolded me for wearing so casually and she herself wore like going to a dinner lor. I told her ma… come BBT want me to wear what? Dinner wear ka??

Not long later, Puah and a friend Chua came too. Chua used to work at Tiong Nam and was Puah’s colleague previously. WF and Jerry hasn’t met Chua before too.

While we were busy chatting, this WF and Jerry kept writing dedications. As usual la.. whenever there is chance to dedicate, me and WF will simply write nonsense and play fun the singer there. We will write nonsense message hoping the singer will say them out la. Making fun of each other like that. We were so used to it.. so I didn’t notice anything.

Later on, the singer did mumble some wordings… but I can’t hear any!! I just heard him saying JiaYing JiaYing JiaYing… hahaha… This WF ar.. nothing to do ar.. put me on “table”! Then the singer continued… “Happy Birthday to you ya”!!

I turned over to WF “ Oii.. you play until so big ka?! Simply say my birthday”!!

Not my birthday, simply play dedication there. We all laughed our heads off.

After our dinner (basically it was Jerry alone having his dinner there), I thought it’s photo session time. Trying to take out my camera… suddenly the whole café’s lights went off. Why?? No electricity?? In a split second… some funny rhythm came out… “ Happy Birthday to you~ ~ Happy Birthday to you~ ~ La la la~ ~ ~”

Somewhere from the corner, appeared a flash of candle light on top of a cake. I was thinking… who’s cake was that? But the lady walked towards our table?! It’s mine.. for God sake… it’s for me!!! It’s mine! It’s my one! I have so many ?? in my head.

In the dark, I can see everyone in the café was looking at me (of course la, the whole shop’s lights were off, only my candle light nia).I have not a single preparation for this. WF and Jerry planned the surprise until I also head blank blank liow.

Took photos and blew the candles off, and then only the lights were back to normal. My first time ever having such surprises without my awareness at all!




Had a fantastic nite … with cards and gossips.
WF was not feeling well in the end, and we left right before midnite.

I really have to thank my best buddy WF for planning this big surprise for me. You made my day girl.

Thanks for always being there for me.
Thanks for tolerating my nuisance.
Thanks for enduring my sarcasticism.
Thanks for bearing with a crazy person like me.
Last and for all, thanks for just being right beside me all these while.

Ops.. I left out Jerry, one of the planner too. Thank ya Jerry… you are just so nice.

Oh… oh… and to Puah and Chua… (although both of u duno anything about the surprise thing) but without both of you, we couldn’t have made so much laughter after all.

And now…. I announced…. The greatest birthday surprise Planner goes to…. Ta da da da~ ~ [[Weifen And Jerry]]! Yeah Yeah yeah~ ~ ~

2 comments:

凤之语 said...

darling...yoh...i mo give u surprise lei...so chan kui...I LOVE YOU darling...

Richie^Ling said...

You everyday also LOVE me liow... already my big surprise ledi lor!!!