Monday, June 22, 2009

Victoria Station with Hong Hong

22-6-2009
I’ve always wanted to go to Victoria’s Station for lobster feast. Thanks to Hong Hong for accompanying me to VS. We went to Taipan USJ Victoria’s Station. Hong Hong brother told us it was somewhere around Mayban and we rounded da whole Taipan and yet didn’t see any VS approaches us. We almost gave up and thought we just eat at Old Taste ( Anothing Old Town look alike inspired kopitiam). Suddenly, VS appeared in front of us. Thinking it wouldn’t be easy to find a parking especially in these kind of places, to our surprise, the car in front of us reversed. Not only one.. but two! The parking space was just right in front ffo VS. I knew it would be like this. Know why? Cause Hong Hong was beside me ma! It’s always… and I repeat… Always… Whenever Hong Hong is with me in the car, somehow.. no matter what, near the entrance or lift area.. there will be a parking space waiting for us to park into. It seems so luck always. I tried to use scientifically and technologically way to explain this but to no end. It just simply means she’s Lucky… damn Lucky! Why only she… who know?! No reason …. And it’s only SHE!

Walked into a train a-like atmosphere, where we were brought into a train cabin, entering into a departing train minus the train’s movement and “too too” sound. It was a wonderful place to have dinner with…. Especially with your loved ones. Hong Hong is someone I liked very much.. so I’m also very happy there.The atmosphere and surrounding was great.

We ordered Lobster Soup, Lobster and chicken, Grilled Tiger Prawns and a dozen of escargots. Oh.. I left out my “ chau seng” watermelon. Yup… the fresh watermelon tasted so weird I had to asked the waiter for an exchange. Haha.. the kitchen helper found my drink really weird and started smelling which utensil cause the weird taste. He sniffed into the juice extractor many times….
Came the Lobster Soup. Hmm… Hong Hong tasted it, looked at me and said “ Hey… taste like carrot soup lo”. And I said “ No la.. taste like tomato soup to me la”. After almost half the bowl, I said “ No la… taste like the KFC whipped potato Gravy la!!” Hahaha.. two silly girls… drink one Lobster soup also cannot shut the mouth and enjoy.. and kept on trying to figure out the soup essence.

Next… tada.. here comes the escargots. It’s yummy and Hong Hong didn’t ate much… so grabbed all.


Hong Hong’s Grilled Tiger Prawns arrived next. See… what can you see? Skinny prawns bought from Carrefour RM9.90/kg one rite….!!! That’s what we saw. Hong Hong said it wasn’t too fresh either. She knows it’s fresh or not la.. she was born eating seafood and no seafood’s freshness can cheat her de lor!!!

Then, came my Lobster and chicken. My Lobster I have to say… “Ichibaneh!”. Thoughtfully, I shared a sliced of chicken and some lobster to Hong Hong in return of 2 tiger prawns… I mean skinny prawns. She cut the chicken, put a tiny bit into her mouth and from then onwards, she kept the chicken aside. She said it was too hard… very hard. Hong Hong returned the chicken back to me… and was left onto my place ever since. For God sake.. the chicken was terribly done. Not only it was hard, and doesn’t taste good at all. The whole plate of mine… only lobster I finished off. Other side dishes… all look good but doesn’t taste good de lor. As can see from my photos… potatoes… not my style. Salad – for slim and beautiful girls (I’m not slim, I’m plump and I don’t favor salad). The corn, tasteless to me… I prefer those sold in Thursday pasar malam one.. with salt and thick butter. Broccoli… bobibosor. And other veggies on my plates… all boiled with no taste. I’m a heavy taste person. I eat a little saltier than normal average.The leftovers...

Overall, it was not so happening there after all. The lobster was good minus the little extra “mood” Hong Hong is in. After all, she’s up to some difficult decision of her life. If I’m in her shoes, I might not even say “yes” to VS in the very first place. Thumbs up to you, little girl. Life is “that interesting”. It keeps presenting us with excitement and challenges to turn us into big girls. I’m having fun…and hope you are too.

No comments: