Friday, May 01, 2009

Delay gratification is a key to becoming rich

[Delay gratification is a key to becoming rich.]

Well.. I came across an article written the above.
I then searched Wikipedia for the meaning. I got this.

"Gratification is the positive emotional reaction of happiness in response to a fulfillment of a desire. Maturity is often defined as the ability to delay gratification (patience), and progress as the real or imagined perception of movement towards gratification.

Western culture is sometimes criticized for its emphasis on instant gratification i.e., the conscious expenditure of effort to make the time interval between wanting something and getting it as short as possible. This focus may be due in part to the influence of utilitarianism, the consequentialist belief that morality can be measured by the overall yield of happiness (utility) that results from a particular action.

Deferred gratification or delayed gratification is the ability to wait in order to obtain something that one wants. ”

After reading this article. I suddenly feel that my first LV bag will be postponed.
Yeah… I have always wanted to have a LV handbag. With having the bag, I will have a positive emotion whereby I get to feel happier and my desires are fulfilled. But, I end up paying bills that are heaps higher than I can afford.

I am thinking, do I REALLY feel happier and satisfied after my purchase??

No comments: