Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Louisiana @ Kelana Jaya on Yoon's Birthday

Written on 23-1-2010


Happy Birthday to Yoon….


It’s been quite sometimes we girls did not gather on Yoon’s birthday. Her birthday used to fall on CNY, therefore, we always do not have the chance to celebrate with her.


Yesterday, we went to Plaza Kelana Jaya, Louisianna for dinner. I was there only at around 10.30pm, as my first round was my uncle’s bachelor’s night.


Let’s kick Yoon’s at as side, concentrate on my uncle’s bachelor’s night first.


First, I did not know that his bachelor’s night was a steamboat dinner. Went there as early as 6.45pm to help around, found steamboat pots on the tables. Total 10 tables were set up. A few people in the corner were trying to light up the charcoal. Charcoal for steamboat. Yeah… it was a charcoal burning steamboat pot kinda feast. Everyone has its own duties. Mine end up lighting the charcoal and putting them onto the pot. It was hot stuff and we went busy until 9pm we finally set up the fire on the pot and the soup were starting to boil. Plates of ready-arranged seafood and fishball were placed on the table. With the help of all relatives and neighbours, the set up and eating start began.


The neighbours were the most fun of all. Whatever you do not have, you just have to shout out, and then the neighbours will automatically bring out from the house. Someone shouted, does anyone have sambal? Or chilli padi? Another reply coming from a house I have, I cut and bring out later.


It was tiring to wait for the soup to boil… and everyone already very hungry. I was not only hungry, I was supposed to be eating quickly and go to Yoon’s gathering. You know la… steamboat… wait super long, open the cover only, everyone charge. Then… wait again… then charge… by the time I feel a little full, checked the time, almost 10pm already. My hands were black from the charcoal thing, my dress was with fish stink smell, because I handled the seafood arrangement too. My hair smelt of ikan billis… as I helped out on the adding of soup for the guest too. Still, gotta prepare myself and drove to Kelana Jaya. Thanks God, I somehow know the way and did not get lost, and was not too late there meeting the girls.


Met Xinyi at the doorside, walking into a beautiful place with the lake right in front of you.


The lightings were pretty there. And the girls claimed that they look like boarding a cruise and having dinner on the cruise. Good imaginations!


They even took couple of cruise-like photos. Hahaha~ (But too bad, those photos are not with me - I found some photos from the Louisianna website and pasted them here).


The beautiful and romantic dining place

Beautiful lake side place


But sadly, recently, I found that gathering with the girls makes me miserable. Why? I also don’t know why. But… it’s just seems like we has lesser and lesser things in common. I mean topic. Every now and then, they’ll discuss about kids, their husbands and their relationship with the in-laws. It’s not like I do not like to listen to these topics. I’ll love to, I really love to. I certainly enjoy listening and sharing with them. But, I can only listen to what they say. I repeat… I can only listen… and I have no words coming out from my mouth to either help out or to say anything, or even voice my opinion. I have no experience on any of that, and who am I to give any opinion. I just felt a little off-the-shore.


It’s like a secondary school teenager telling a Standard Two pupil a biology fact. The pupil can only listen, knod and pretend she understands.


I don’t know how to say these in words… but I do feel a little… disturbed by it. It makes me feel so “away” from them. At that particular moment, I felt I was being drifted away. And I felt being *single* was the only problem that made our relationship like that. I do not like this feeling. I’m sure there’s something I can do to stop this from worsening. I’m trying hard, and I will try harder to overcome this problem.


Can anyone suggest something, so that I won’t be drifted too far away?


Should I buy some Baby World magazines to read to start off?

No comments: