Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Traditional Greeting Card


SMS from Hong Hong : "I received your card le… so happy every year u still remember to send me card."


Yup…. I sent about 30 over cards this year to all my friends. It’s quite some job as you have to go and purchase a bunch of cards, and write one by one your greetings. Get a stamp, stamp in, glue it and find a postbox. I know people might laugh at me, as people now uses SMS or Email greetings or even Facebook greetings, and not like those traditional mails anymore. E-kind of mails to me, lack of a sense of sincerity. I don’t mean that they are not sincere, but it’s just kind of *forward forward forward mails* that’s all. Just a click and you can forward to like hundreds of people in your mailbox. I just don’t feel “special” enough in a forward mail.


I have an attraction over traditional mails until today. I honestly love to see my mailbox with greeting cards or letters from a friend or pal…. well…..the best would be parcel with gift la! It’s very surprising to receive this kind of mail, especially when your heart is beating while thinking Who is sending me this card leh? This card from whom de leh? What is written inside leh?Is the card beautiful or not jek? It’s most surprising… because nowadays, besides receiving piles and piles of Maxis billings, Cukai Tanah, Indah Water, CIMB credit card statement, Telekom bills and etc… you don’t get to see any other surprises anymore.


For festive seasons like now, you somehow will manage to receive one or two cards from either your Insurance Agents or beauty salon or maybe from your Amway Top managements. You don’t see any from your friends or relatives. No one will put all the fuss onto sending a stupid slow card.


Until today, like I said, besides receiving a CNY card from my insurance agent and from ELK Furniture (which I bought a cupboard recently), I don’t see any surprises from my mailbox. I already expected it, as I’ve been sending years of cards, and yet received fairly little back.


I do not want to lose the feeling of sending and receiving traditional mails, therefore, every year, I commit myself to send a card over to my buddies everywhere, whether it is Christmas or CNY greetings.


I guess maybe I should be following the trend. I should be advancing and not laying back and doing ancient stuff anymore. I guess this might be my last time sending slow mail greeting card.


I’m certainly not fed-up of sending them, only that I found; maybe not everyone has the same feeling like me towards traditional kind of greeting cards.


Alright, be prepared to receive a SMS/email from me in future. I also wanna be an E-Person!!


In my heart whispered, I still hope to receive surprises from my mailbox, really.

No comments: